MILE Program Brief Overview
The Memphis Institute for Leadership Education (MILE) Program is a program within the Fogelman College of Business and Economics designed to provide additional leadership education for business students. Its specific mission is to prepare FCBE students to be future leaders in the city of Memphis through leadership development programs and mentoring.
Key aspects of this mission is that the MILE program:
- Targets primary FCBE students and in particular FCBE undergraduate students
- Specifically focuses on developing the future leaders of Memphis and the Mid-South
- Encompass a variety of leadership development activities
- Has as a leadership mentoring program as a primary component
- Meal for Ronald McDonald House: The 2nd MILE Students with assistance from members of the MILE Bobcat team provided dinner for approximately 100 residents of Ronald McDonald House, Target House, and the Grizzlies House. For more information please visit www.rmhmemphis.org.
- Darrin Melllinger secures $2000 Donation to Ronald McDonald House: During the raising of money for the Ronald McDonald House event, Darrin Melllinger’s solicitation email fell into the hands of company president Ben Sustress. Mr. Sustress presented Darrin with a personal check for $1000 which will also be matched by his company for a total donation of $2000!
- MILE receives $100,000 donation from Jim Baker: Jim Baker has made the very generous donation of $100,000 to the MILE program. We thank Jim Baker very much for his large contribution to the program.