Benefits for Mentors:
- Additional leadership education unavailable to others
- Local and national guest speakers
- Certification Program that distinguishes participants for their extra effort
- Networking opportunities with other business leaders
- Greater Involvement in the Fogelman College of Business Alumni Association
- Early access to a group of high ability students who might be potential employees
- Opportunity to get to know Fogelman College of Business Alumni Association
- Make a difference in the lives of young people!
According to the dictionary, a mentor is a wise and trusted teacher or counselor, so for your protégé you should be just that…
One great way to start is to know your protégé
One who leads or a directing head………
- Guide your protégé in the proper direction with career, college, and behavior.
- As a leader you have to be available for you protégé when they need you to be present.
- You have to be able to communicate to your protégé.
- As a leader you have to be able to be a role model.
- Guiding them in the proper direction for financial stability.
- Giving them the layouts of the does and do not’s of business and etiquette.
- Be familiar with their major.
- Ask your protégé their plans.
- If they do not have any plans, make some suggestions that could be of interest to them.
- What are their goals short and long term?
- Explain to them the importance of setting goals.